The concept of digital marketing is very broad. Generally speaking, numerical marketing refers to all marketing efforts that include the use of electronic devices or the Internet. Brands use the Internet to connect with existing potential customers, thereby driving business and brand development, and digital marketing has become more and more important today.
What are the types of digital marketing?
1. Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
2. Content Marketing
3. Social Media Marketing
4. Pay-Per-Click Advertising (PPC)
5. Affiliate Marketing
6. Native Ads
7. Marketing Automation
8. Email Marketing
9. Online PR
10. Sponsored Content
▌Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Optimize your website to rank higher in search engine results pages. Thereby increasing organic (free) traffic to the website.
Methods that can be used for SEO to increase website traffic:
1. On-page SEO: Focus on all content on a website page, answer questions for audiences through insights into keyword search volume and user intent, and rank higher on search engine results pages related to the question.
2. Off-site SEO: Optimize the content that affects the ranking of the website other than the website pages, mainly backlinks. When the number of publishers of your backlinks is huge, or the publishers are relatively “authoritative”, it will directly affect the ranking of the website and attract more external attention.
3. Technical SEO: Focus on the back-end of the website and page coding. Includes image compression, structured data and CSS file optimization, etc. These can help improve the loading speed of your website, and are also important factors that affect search engine rankings such as Google.
Content created and promoted for the purpose of building brand awareness, driving traffic, and generating leads is content marketing. Channels of content marketing include the following:
1. Blog articles: Write and publish blog articles on the official website. While displaying industry knowledge to bring natural search traffic to the website, you can get more opportunities to convert website visitors into potential users.
2. Ebooks and Whitepapers: Ebooks and whitepapers are long-form content types that help guide your audience further. It can be a lead tool, exchanging content in exchange for reader contact information.
3. Infographics: Many audiences would prefer “showing” to “telling”. So infographics are a good choice. It is visual content that helps the audience more visually understand the concepts they need to learn.
▌Social Media Marketing
Promoting your brand and content on social media channels can help increase brand awareness, attract traffic and potential users.
The more popular social media channels include:
Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Snapchat, Pinterest, Tik Tok, etc.
When it comes to social media marketing, the most important thing is the choice of channels. It’s not that the more popular the better, it depends on your audience. The more concentrated the audience, the more attention should be devoted to the more places.
▌ Pay Per Click (PPC)
PPC is about driving traffic to a website by paying publishers every time an ad is clicked. Based on keywords and audiences, PPC can provide a highly targeted approach to increasing brand awareness, increasing website traffic and business sales. A common PPC is Google Ads, social media can also use PPC:
1. Facebook Paid Ads: You can customize videos, pictures or slideshows. Facebook will post it in news that matches the business audience.
2. Twitter Ads Campaigns: You can pay to place posts or profiles in news for specific audiences. Get more website traffic, Twitter followers, engagement, and more.
3. LinkedIn Sponsored Ads: Pay to send messages directly to specific LinkedIn users based on your industry and background.
Affiliate marketing is a performance-based advertising method that earns commissions by promoting other people’s products or services on a website.
Video ads can be hosted through the YouTube Partner Program and affiliate links can be posted on social media accounts.
Native ads are primarily content-driven ads that are advertised on the platform alongside other non-paid content. It looks natural, not like an ad, but like the rest of the page, so it’s easier for users to trust and buy.
Streamline your operations and replace many repetitive, manual tasks with automation. E.g:
1. Email Sending: Not only does email automation automatically send emails to your subscribers, it also helps you narrow and expand your contact list as needed, only to those who want to see them in their inbox.
2. Social Media Posting: If you want to increase your presence on social media, you need to post content frequently. Manual posting can be time-consuming and labor-intensive, and social media planning tools can be used to push the content that needs to be posted to social media channels. This way, you can have more time to focus on your content strategy.
3. Potential customer nurturing: Nurturing potential customers into customers is a long process. This process can be automated with settings such as downloading e-books and sending specific content to potential customers for nurturing.
▌ Email Marketing
Emails are often used to promote content, share discounts, promote events, and drive traffic to the official website. Common email types include:
1. Blog subscriptions and newsletters;
2. Follow-up emails for return visits;
3. Customer welcome email;
4. Member promotions and holiday promotions;
5. Prompt emails (cultivating customers).
Online PR is through digital publications, blogs and other online reporting. Here are some online channels that can help you get the most out of your PR:
1. Connect with journalists through social media: You can communicate with journalists on Twitter, connect with the press, and gain media exposure for your brand.
2. Maintain brand public opinion: When someone comments on your brand online, you can participate in the comment reply, which can make the brand more humane and maintain the brand reputation.
3. Comment on websites and blogs: Like maintaining brand public opinion, responding to people who read your content is an effective way to gain user favor.
Sponsored content is a way to promote your brand or service by paying another company to discuss your brand or service in a certain way.
1. KOL marketing: As one of the popular types of sponsored content, brands can sponsor industry KOLs to publish brand-related posts or videos on social media.
2. Blog Posts: As another type of sponsored content, it is primarily an article that highlights a topic, service, or brand.
All in all, digital marketing is a more cost-effective solution that can reach a larger audience than traditional methods. While providing you with publicity opportunities, it can help you get considerable benefits.
And good digital marketers have a clear understanding of how each digital marketing campaign should support the achievement of its overall goals. Make full use of the above marketing types, and freely dominate the combination of free channels and paid channels to obtain greater brand marketing effects.